Meaning of Namaste...

I am grateful for new ways of sharing old ideas...

We talked about the meaning of Namaste in our Yoga 101 class today. I love this utube version check it out. Also here is a reminder from Saturdays lesson:

Namaste. This is my favorite Sanskrit word because it’s fun to say–nah’-mah’-stay. It means: The divine light within me salutes the divine light within you. My incredibly simplified translation: I’m awesome. You’re awesome. All these other people are awesome. Isn’t it awesome that we just practiced yoga together? Thanks for your presence....as defined by: Erica Rodefer of spoiledyogi.com

Comments

  1. Wow!! This preacher has it RIGHT. Wouldn't it be wonderful to spread this through our county. We wouldn't have to worry about bullies if the divinity in each of us saluted the divinity in all others and it was reciprocated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!